PER DYBRO SØRENSEN
Guitarist and composer
Born in 1953.
Studied Guitar at The Royal College of Music in Århus, Denmark, with Maria Kämmerling, diploma 1979.
Joined the soloist class of Konrad Ragossnig at the "Musikakademie der Stadt Basel" receiving Concert Diploma in 1981.
Has given first performances of solo works by Danish composers such as Axel Borup-Jørgensen, Vagn Holmboe, Lars Hegaard and
Concerts in Europe and North America.
Member of the Corona Guitar Quartet.
2002 – 2012 Member of the artistic direction of the Suså Festival for contemporary music.
Teaching at the music school of Køge, Denmark.
- »Jolivet/Davies«. The Guitar works of André Jolivet and Peter Maxwell Davies. w. .Morten Skott. Paula. 1990.
- »Für Gitarre«. Music by Axel Borup-Jørgensen. w. Karl Petersen, Marianne Lund and Agnete Christensen. Paula 1994.
- »Scarlatti. Sonatas for two guitars.« w. Jan Sommer. Olufsen Records. 2000.
- »Dietrich Buxtehude. 6 Suites. «. Olufsen Records. 2004.
- »Outline. 6 works by contemporary danish composers«. Olufsen Records 2007.
- »Melos« Music by Gunnar Berg. w. Bolette Roed and Michael Norman. Dacapo Records 2011.
Per Dybro Sørensen has - since writing music for the theater in the 1980's - tried to develop a personal way of writing music.
These efforts resulted in the work ”Like a transient punctuation” in 2012. This work develops a technique of variation, based on the infinite row of Per Nørgård.
In 2012-14 he has studied composition with the danish composer Peter Bruun.
In 2016 he reached the finale of Timo Korhonen International Composition Competition
His works have been performed played at the Open Days Festival, Denmark 2014 and 2016, “Young Sound Artists of Norhtern Jutland” 2015, og Suså Festival, Denmark 2016.
In 2017 a new work is to have its 1st performance at Sound Ways in Saint Petersburg.
He is a member of the Danish Composers Union
Works since 2012:
like a transient punctuation, piano quartet, 2012
Trois Etudes de Concert pour guitare 2012-13
Inside spring, wind quartet 2013
We are guests at the sea, piano trio 2013
Reflections of our daily life, guitar and sinfonietta 2013-14
Gumozo, recorder quartet, 2014.
(like the sound of a bell in a church inder the sea), guitarduo 2014
Chords and Waves, guitar trio 2014
Fanfare for ”Nordjyllands Unge Tonekunstnere”, guitar quartet 2015
Variationer on a fanfare, guitar quartet 2015
2 Violin Studies, 2015
For String quartet, 2015
”Døden kommer på slaget”. Guitar duo and reader. 2016
Even on the most beautiful days some doubtfullness. Violin and piano. 2016
Grey areas, for 13 solo strings, 2016-17